Friday, December 22, 2017

Kylie Cosmetics Matte Lip Kit in Ginger

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

In May 2017, I bought some products from Kylie Cosmetics.
I took this picture from my Instagram. I already reviewed Kylie Cosmetics Matte Lip Kit in Maliboo (left). For this post, I will review another of Kylie Cosmetics Matte Lip Kit (left).
This is Kylie Cosmetics Matte Lip Kit in Ginger. Since I did a thorough review of Kylie Cosmetics Matte Lip Kit in Maliboo, I will base on this.

Ingredients:
Click on the picture to see the original size.
Here's a closer look at the Matte Liquid Lipstick.
Here's a closer look at the color. The website describes it as "a warm terracotta brown."
Here's a closer look at the applicator.
Here's a closer look at the pencil.
Here's a closer look at the color.
Here's a swatch of the pencil, left, and liquid lipstick, right, on my hand.
Here's how the lip liner looks on me.
Here's an overall look with Make Up For Ever Lustrous Shadow Palette on the eyes.
Here's how the liquid lipstick looks on me.
Here's an overall look with Make Up For Ever Lustrous Shadow Palette on the eyes..

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, there's a slight scent while applying the liquid lipstick. I just sniffed the product and it smells like vanilla. When it comes to the lip liner, there's no scent whatsoever and I just sniffed it. Secondly, the packaging of the liquid lipstick is cute. I like the design, as well as, how well-made and sturdy it is. It's made out of firm plastic, and there's no scratches and finger marks. It's see through. If you own more than one, you can distinguish them apart. The top is also sturdy. I can feel a tight seal when I open/close the top. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For that reason, it's travel-friendly. It's small enough to throw in your purse, bag, and even your pocket. Also, the applicator is slanted on one side of the tip. It's easy to outline the lips and color the remaining. The pencil is a typical lip liner pencil. Most pencils are black and this doesn't fall from that. It's black with the word "Kylie" in silver. I like that the color is written next to the word. If you own more than one, you can distinguish them apart easily. With that said, this isn't retractable. You actually have to sharpen the pencil. Third, the consistency is liquidity. It's easy to apply. It applies smoothly on the lip and dries quickly. I would say within a minute to two. Once it dries, it adheres to the lips. Since it adheres to the lips, you can see all the fine and thick lines. For that reason, I highly recommend exfoliating and hydrating the lips before you apply the liquid lipstick. Also, some liquid lipsticks you only see the fine lines. If you apply a thin layer, you won't see the thick lines. It all depends how thickly you apply. I recommend applying thinly but there are times it's hard to do that. Once it dries, it's transfer-proof. The pencil, on the other hand, isn't transfer-proof. With that said, it's creamy and goes on smoothly. There's no tugging involved and it's easy to color the entire lip. Fourth, the color is gorgeous. It's a great fall/winter color. I mostly think of it as a fall color. It has a lot of warmth which I tend to enjoy. Pigmentation-wise it's up there. I wouldn't say it's the most pigmented but it is close. I only need one layer of liquid lipstick, as well as, lip liner to show on my lips. Lastly, the liquid lipstick lasted until I ate. The grease from the food soften the texture in the center of the lips. The outline of the lips lasted longer but it's not pretty by itself. It's comfortable and not drying at all. I did not see any white residue in the center of the lips. The pencil, on the other hand, doesn't last as long. If you combine both lip pencil and liquid lipstick, it should last longer. I just don't like applying both. I rather have one pigmented lip product not a combination of lots of lip products. That's my personal preference. I definitely recommend this brand and color. I like it a lot!

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4.5/5 Tobey's Paws


Other Kylie Cosmetics products reviewed/swatch:
Matte Lip Kit

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...