Tuesday, November 7, 2017

The Makeup Show LA 2017

Disclaimer: The products mentioned in this post are bought with my money and given to me. I am not affiliated with the companies nor getting paid to advertise the products. This post is written with my honest opinion.

This past weekend, November 3-5, 2017, I went to The Makeup Show. It's usually held in March but they moved it to November this year. On Friday, there were different events happening for The Makeup Show. The first one was the Press Preview.

Every year James Vincent leads the Press Preview and he talks about his favorite products at that particular show. I enjoy watching him talk. He's honest, adorable, and love hearing his stories.
After the Press Preview, we moved onto The Beauty Brunch. While walking to the booths, I got to see a makeup artist in action for Make Up For Ever. He did an amazing job and they look fabulous!
They had several booths introducing their products. This one was It Cosmetics.
One of the booths was Crown. He was kind enough to give a choice of brushes. I choose the powder brush. It's so soft and there's indentation on the handles to grab with our fingers. How genius of them!
The last event that night was Kevyn Aucoin Documentary Screening. I was sadden I couldn't stay for this! I had to leave for an emergency situation. Here's the products that I received in my goody bag. I already reviewed NYX Strobe of Genius Illuminating Palette (bottom left), MustaeV Moisture-Lifting Pleasure Mask (center), and Mario Badescu Facial Spray With Aloe, Cucumber and Green Tea (top right).

I'm also sadden I couldn't attend Saturday, November 4th. I had to drive my dad to the airport and it was dead center of the event. On the other hand, I was happy I could attend Sunday, November 5th.
I got to enjoy keynotes this day. This is Makeup Kit Breakdown by Kevin James Bennett. I learned a lot especially the difference between sunblock and sunscreen. Sunblock has titanium oxide mixture with zinc oxide to block UV rays protecting UVA and UVB. Suncreen is a chemical product that doesn't block as sunblock does.
I saw Danessa Myricks in action. She's on the left but I wanted to take picture of the model. The glow real and I love it!
Of course, there were shopping. This is Make Up For Ever booth.
Here are the products I purchased that day.


Other The Makeup Show years:

Disclaimer: The products mentioned in this post are bought with my money and given to me. I am not affiliated with the companies nor getting paid to advertise the products. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...