Wednesday, November 1, 2017

October Favorites and Finished Products 2017

Disclaimer: The products mentioned in this post are bought with my money except L'Oreal, Nerium, Erno Laszlo, LuLuLun, and TRESemme. I am not affiliated with the companies nor getting paid to advertise the products. This post is written with my honest opinion.

October Favorites

L'Oreal Triple Power Deep-Acting Moisturizer: I received this product thanks to Influenster. I'm so glad because most likely I wouldn't have tried this product. It might be too thick for some people but for my dry skin, it's good. I've been using it as a night cream rather than day cream. During night time, my skin is able to work overnight absorbing the hydration. I like how alert and hydrated my skin feels during the morning. I'm almost done with this product and love it like the day I started using it.

Mario Badescu Facial Spray With Aloe, Cucumber and Green Tea: I bought this product and still using it to this day. A little goes a long way with this product. This particular facial spray is the one I leave at home. I spray before I do morning and night time skin care routine. It has made my skin care routine more enjoyable. I spray right after cleansing and before applying serum. The serum applies easily and sinks into the skin quicker. Not only that, it feels refreshing and I feel good knowing healthy ingredients are going on my skin.

Fenty Beauty Killawatt Freestyle Highlighter Duo in Mean Money/Hu$tla Baby: I bought this product and glad I resisted the rest. When it first came out, I wanted everything. It was wanting something that is new and coming from a celebrity. Now that I have used the foundation samples, I doubt I will purchase it. It's good for oily skin individuals but for my dry skin, it looked matte and I could see the pores on my cheeks which I don't with other foundations. With that said, this highlighter is gorgeous. It shows the best when I mix the duo together and lasts all day.

Dose of Colors Desi X Katy The Girls Palette: I bought this product and hopefully, the review will be up next month. I bought this palette mainly for the foil-like metallic colors. I love the foil looks and always have. For that reason, I was drawn to this palette. I love the colors and the texture, but I hate that I have to use my fingers to apply. Even though I use my fingers, the end results are gorgeous.

Dose of Colors Liquid Matte Lipstick in Play It Cool: I bought this with the palette written above. I wasn't too sure how this color will look on me since most purples look bad on me. I ended up loving the color! It didn't make me look dead and it's perfect for this fall season. Not only that, I'm a huge fan of Dose of Colors Liquid Matte Lipsticks. I think they're one of the best liquid lipsticks out in the market. They're comfortable and not drying at all.


October Finished Products
Nerium IllumaBoost Brightening & Shield: I received this product. It's a solution that you mix with your moisturizer and it brightens/illuminate your skin. I pump once and mix it with the moisturizer on my hand both day and night. Then I apply it onto my skin like a regular moisturizer. To be honest, it's hard to say about this product. Both day and night moisturizers that I've been using are both good. By adding this product onto my moisturizers have brighten, but it's hard to say when I started with a good moisturizer. I still have another bottle that I'm using at the moment, but I want to test afterwards when I don't use this product with my moisturizer. If I see results, then I know this makes a huge difference.

Would repurchase: Maybe.

Erno Laszlo Firmarine Lift Face Mask: I received this mask set thanks to Influenster. Not only did I get to try the mask, I was introduced to this brand. To be honest, I knew nothing of this brand. I am thankful to be able to try the brand and mask. It's a good mask. It can be a little messy and slightly more work than I like, but it gave me good results. My skin looked hydrated, refreshed, youthful, less noticeable fine/thick lines, and it was fun to play with. No matter how I like the results, $20 per mask is kind of pricey for my price range.

Would repurchase: Yes, if I had the money.

LuLuLun Plus in Rose: I was fortunate to receive this sheet mask set. It smells good, refreshing, and does wonders for the skin. Honestly, it doesn't smell like artificial rose. It smells like the real flower. If you're not a fan of the smell, it doesn't last long. While wearing the sheet mask, it's so refreshing and not in the bad way. It doesn't tingle. Not only that, it has a lot of essence. For this reason it's great for dry skin individuals like myself. Even if you're not dry skin, it'll be great for all skin types. I got good results after I took the mask of. My skin was hydrated, looked brighter, and noticeable less fine/thick lines.

Would repurchase: Yes.

Victoria's Secret Ultra-Moisturizing Hand and Body Cream in Pure Seduction: I bought this lotion I think last year or the year before. My co-worker told me Victoria's Secret is amazing and has improved. While I visited the store, they had a sale. I ended up buying several to get the discounted rate. The last time I bought it was in college and I wasn't a fan back then. I didn't think it hydrated my dry skin. I feel the same way now. Some days it seems better than others. I think it all depends how my skin is that day. When it's hydrated, it feels fine. When it's slightly dry, I don't feel moisturized.

Would repurchase: No.

TRESemme Beauty-Full Volume Pre-Wash Conditioner: I received this product thanks to Influenster. When I first used this product, I used the conditioner first than the shampoo as recommended. After I reviewed the products, I went back to using the conditioner after the shampoo. Conditioning then shampooing gave me volume but my hair felt kind of dry. Since I had dry hair from dying, I needed more moisturizer. For that reason, I went back to shampooing then conditioning. I love the volume I got but I prefer hydrated, healthy hair.

Would repurchase: Yes.

Disclaimer: The products mentioned in this post are bought with my money except L'Oreal, Nerium, Erno Laszlo, LuLuLun, and TRESemme. I am not affiliated with the companies nor getting paid to advertise the products. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...