Monday, November 6, 2017

Manicure Monday: OPI in Taupe-less Beach

I've been looking for the perfect gray color and when I saw this from OPI, I had to get it.

This is OPI in Taupe-less Beach. Since I did a thorough review of OPI in Next Stop...The Bikini Zone, I will base this on that.
Here's a closer look at the color. The website describes it as "there's nothing optional about wearing this enticing taupe" and I have to agree.
Here's a closer look at the brush. This is my favorite brush for the wide width.
I applied OPI Nail Envy in OriginalFormula X Prime Xcel Base Coat, two coats of OPI in Taupe-less Beach, and topped it off with Formula X Shine Xcel Top Coat.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, the brush is my perfect width. It's wide enough to do three strokes and then move to the next nail. With that said, it's easy to paint around the cuticles and sides. If I can do it, you guys can do better. Secondly, the packaging is nice. It's well-made and sturdy. It's made out of thick glass and easy to grab with the hand. The top is also sturdy. I can feel a tight seal when I open/close the top. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For that reason, it's travel-friendly. Third, the consistency is on the medium. It's not to thin that it runs and it's not too thick. I'm able to take my tie with painting without worrying it'll harden while applying. With that said, it went on smoothly and there were not streaking and bubbles. Fourth, the color is the gray I have been looking for. It looks nice on all skin types. I have seen this on darker skin, as well as, light like mine. It looks different on both skins but still looks good. It's a great fall color. Pigmentation-wise it's up there. It's not the most pigmented but two layers was good enough to show. Lastly, I've been wearing this over a week and there's no chipping whatsoever. I saw shrinkage on the fourth day but it was slight. I'm on my seventh day, and the shrinkage did increase but not by much. I highly recommend this color!

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  5/5 Tobey's Paws


Other OPI polishes reviewed/swatch:
Alpine Snow
Brazil Collection 2014
Liquid Sand
Bond Girls Collection 2013
Honey Ryder
Jinx
Pussy Galore
Solitaire
Tiffany Case
Vesper
Brazil Collection 2014
I'm Brazil Nuts Over You
Samba-dy Loves Purple
What's a Little Rain Forest?
You're so Flippy Floppy
Couture de Minnie Collection 2013 (Minnie Mouse)
Mariah Carey Collection 2012
The Impossible
Mariah Carey Holiday Collection 2013

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...