Friday, October 13, 2017

The Body Shop Body Lotion in Almond Milk & Honey

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

End of February 2017, I was fortunate to attend The Body Shop Almond Milk & Honey Event. At the end of the event, The Body Shop gave us a goody bag full of their newest products.

Here are the products I received. I already reviewed The Body Shop Body Butter in Almond Milk & Honey (bottom right) and The Body Shop Shower Cream in Almond Milk & Honey (middle). For this post, I will review the body lotion on the top right.
Product Review: The Body Shop Body Lotion in Almond Milk & Honey

Where to purchase: ULTA, The Body Shop and online at thebodyshop.com
Price: $13 for 200 mL/ 6.75 fl oz

Made in UK

Description from the website: Calm uncomfortable tight, itchy dry skin with silky smooth, lightweight moisture that lasts for 48 hours. This skin-loving body lotion comforts, protects and calms dry skin. Enriched with almond milk form Spain and Community Trade honey from Ethiopia, Almond Milk & Honey is specially formulated for sensitive, dry skin.

* Calming and Protecting Body Lotion
* Intensely moisturises for 48 hours
* Suitable for sensitive, dry skin
* Made with almond milk
* Enriched with Community Trade honey and almond oil
* Hypoallergenic fragrance
* Dermatologically tested
* Enriched with community trade Almond Milk from Spain
Ingredients:
N17749BSI01 - INGREDIENTS: Aqua, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Dimethicone, Cetearyl Alcohol, Elaeis Guineensis Oil, Glycerin, Butyrospermum Parkii Butter, Glyceryl Stearate, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Mel, PEG-100 Stearate, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis Oil, Parfum, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Carbomer, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Hydroxide, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis Seed Extract, Xanthan Gum, Benzyl Alcohol, Citric Acid, Dehydroacetic Acid.
Thoughts: The first product I knew I would use is the body butter. I've always been a fan for years and had good results from it. I was hoping the body lotion is the body butter in a tube. It'll be much easier to use since I don't need to dig my fingers into the pot. For that reason, I was excited to use this product after the body butter.
Here's a closer look at the opening.
Here's a swatch of the lotion on my hand.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, there's a slight scent while using. It's so light that I hardly notice it anymore. I don't recall if I noticed it in the beginning or I just got used to the smell. I just sniffed the product and it smells like honey. Secondly, I like the packaging. I prefer the packaging for the body lotion than the body butter. I like the idea of squeezing the lotion than dipping my fingers into the tub. The only reason I used body butter in the past is the results I got from the product. This is my first time using the body lotion from this brand. With that said, it's sanitary-safe. The packaging is simple, well-made, and sturdy. The top is also sturdy. It makes a clicking noise when I open/close the top. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For that reason, it's travel-friendly. Third, the consistency is medium. It looks like a creamy texture rather than a lotion. For a creamy product, it's light-weight. It'll be great for normal to oily skin individuals who doesn't need a heavy product. For dry skin individuals like myself, it'll be great for spring/summer season. Also, my skin improves with usage but I have to be good to use it in daily basis. It's hard since I take a shower every other day. For that reason, my skin isn't absorbing the best quality of this particular product. When it comes to winter season when the weather is dry, my skin will need a thicker consistency. This will be alright but I know my skin to well to know I need a thicker lotion. Plus, I'm lazy and the easiest method is the best way for me. With that said, it's easy to apply. It absorbs into the skin quickly within a minute. It leaves a slight shiny texture but it's not greasy at all, and my skin feels smooth and soft. Plus, this lotion is made for sensitive skin. I cannot say much since I don't have sensitive skin. All I know is that the ingredients is on the safe side and made from natural products. Lastly, the description says it lasts for 48 hours. I think it depends on the skin type. I noticed it works well for my body like arms and legs. When it comes to my feet that gets more friction (for example wearing flip flops than closed shoes), it doesn't last a day with this lotion. It's extremely dry when I come home. I need to hydrate in daily basis. This is a good body lotion and highly recommend for normal to oily skin individuals, as well as, sensitive. For myself who is dry, I need something more thicker in consistency. Now I appreciate body butters, it works better for my skin. It also could be the aging process which is saddening that I'm getting up there. It's telling me my body isn't the same as when I was young.

Pros:
* Light scent while using.
* Comes in a sanitary-safe tube; easy to squeeze.
* Simple, well-made, sturdy packaging.
* Top is also sturdy; makes a clicking noise when you open/close.
* Travel-friendly.
* Creamy, medium consistency.
* Light-weight.
* Great for sensitive and normal to oily skin individuals.
* Easy to apply.
* Absorbs into the skin quickly.
* Leaves a slight shiny texture.
* Not greasy at all.
* Skin is smooth and soft.
* Ingredients are safe and made from natural products.
* Hydration lasts for 48 hours.

Cons:
* Too light for my dry skin.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4/5 Tobey's Paws


Other The Body Shop products reviewed/swatch:
 Body Butter
Body Scrub
Passion Fruit
Down To Earth Eyeshadow Quad
Gold
Duo Eyeshadow
#02
Eye Colour Stick
Nevada Gold
Eye Lustre Liner
Hand Protector
Hemp
On A Rope Soap
Hemp
Shade Adjusting Drops
Shower Cream
Almond Milk & Honey
Shea

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...