Tuesday, September 26, 2017

The Body Shop Shower Cream in Almond Milk & Honey

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

End of February 2017, I was fortunate to attend The Body Shop Almond Milk & Honey Event. At the end of the event, The Body Shop gave us a goody bag full of their newest products.

Here are the products I received. I already reviewed The Body Shop Body Butter in Almond Milk & Honey (bottom right). For this post, I will review the shower cream in the center.
This is The Body Shop Shower Cream in Almond Milk & Honey. Since I did a thorough review of The Body Shop Shower Cream in Shea, I will base this on that.

N18035BSI - INGREDIENTS: Aqua, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Glycerin, Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil, Coco-Glucoside, Sodium Chloride, Parfum, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Citric Acid, Sodium Benzoate, Sodium Hydroxide, Glyceryl Laurate, Mel, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis Oil, Disodium EDTA, Tocopherol, Polysorbate 20, Glycolic Acid, Denatonium Benzoate, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis Seed Extract, Xanthan Gum, Benzyl Alcohol, Dehydroacetic Acid.

Here's a closer look at the ingredients.
Here's a closer look at the opening.
Here's a swatch of the product on a cotton pad.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, there's a slight scent while applying. I'm almost 3/4 done with this product. Since I started using this product, I got used to the scent that I hardly notice it anymore. I just sniffed the product and it smells like almond. It's slight musky like nuts. Secondly, the packaging is nice. It might just be me but it kind of looks like milk. With that said, it's well-made. It's made out of flexible, see through plastic. For some odd reason, I like seeing my products go down. I feel so productive especially since I own so many products. The design is simple and nice. The top is also sturdy. It comes with a flip top and you have full-control of the quantity you squeeze. While opening/closing, I can hear and feel the tight seal. I cannot see it open or break unless you are rough with the packaging. For that reason, it's travel-friendly. Third, the consistency is slightly creamy. It reminds me of milk. More a whole milk than non-fat. It has that slight thick creamy texture if that makes sense. It's easy to use. I squeeze some product onto Asian scrubbing towel and wash my body. This is more a lotion-like body wash than soap. It does not foam at all. One big squeeze is good enough for the entire body. There are times I squeeze more because I like the creamy feel while showering. It's all mental. With that said, it does it's job of washing at the same time it doesn't dry you out. I remember the doctor at the event telling us it's great for sensitive skin. Since I don't have sensitive skin, I cannot say much. For someone who has dry skin, it's pretty calming. It doesn't irritate or dry me out. It hasn't completely hydrated me but I don't feel the dryness as I do with other brands. It leaves a nice, smooth, soft texture. I still need to hydrate my hands in daily basis (I wash a lot) but the feet has gotten better. Lastly, I'm so glad to be introduced to this line. Since it's such a gentle body wash, it'll be great for sensitive and dry skin. To be honest, it'll be great for every skin types. It's light-weight and the ingredients are on the natural side.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4/5 Tobey's Paws


Other The Body Shop products reviewed/swatch:
 Body Butter
Body Scrub
Passion Fruit
Down To Earth Eyeshadow Quad
Gold
Duo Eyeshadow
#02
Eye Colour Stick
Nevada Gold
Eye Lustre Liner
Hand Protector
Hemp
On A Rope Soap
Hemp
Shade Adjusting Drops
Shower Cream
Shea

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...