Friday, September 8, 2017

NYX Luv Out Loud Liquid Lipsticks in Confident, Brilliant, Fearless, Passionate, Extraordinary, and Brave (Limited Edition)

Disclaimer: The products mentioned in this post are given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the products. This post is written with my honest opinion.

Please don't forget to enter NYX Liquid Suede Cream Lipstick Giveaway. It ends September 19, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. PST (Pacific time).


I am fortunate to work with NYX. They were kind enough to send me the whole set of the limited edition NYX Luv Out Loud Liquid Lipsticks. Not only that, I got a t-shirt as well.

Product Review: NYX Luv Out Loud in Confident, Brilliant, Fearless, Passionate, Extraordinary, and Brave

Where to purchase: ULTA, CVS, Target, and online at nyxcosmetics.com
Price: $7 for 0.13 fl oz/ 4 mL

Made in China

Description from the website: What qualities make a person beautiful? Passion, confidence and fearlessness, to name a few. Available is six velvety-matte shades, out new Luv Out Loud Liquid Lipsticks capture the attributes we at NYX Professional Makeup find truly beautiful. Gift one, two-or all size lippies to a friend who rocks these amazing qualities and inspires you to live (and luv!) out loud.
Ingredients:
Petrolatum, Isododecane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Polybutene, Dimethicone, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Cera / Copernicia Cerifera Cera / Cire De Carnauba, Cyclohexasiloxane, Aluminum Hydroxide, Kaolin, Glyceryl Behenate/Eicosadioate, Silica Silylate, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Water/Aqua/Eau, Sorbitan Oleate, Talc, Glycerin, Sodium Chloride, Alumina, Aluminum Benzoate, Caprylyl Glycol, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Phytosterols, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Phenoxyethanol. May Contain / Peut Contenir (+/-) Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410), Red 30 (CI 73360), Manganese Violet (CI 77742).
Thoughts: When I was contacted if I wanted to try new lipsticks from NYX, I definitely said yes without a doubt. It's a brand I love and they're lip products have been rocking it for the last several years. So when I opened the package, I was excited to try the neutrals. I wasn't too sure about the purples which is majority of it.
Here's a closer look at Confident.
Here's a closer look at Brilliant.
Here's a closer look at Fearless.
Here's a closer look at Passionate.
Here's a closer look at Extraordinary.
Here's a closer look at Brave.
Here's a closer look at the doe foot applicator.
Here's a comparison to NYX Liquid Suede Cream Lipstick in Soft-Spoken on the top. NYX Luv Out Loud Liquid Lipstick in Brilliant is on the bottom.
Here's a comparison of the applicators. Liquid Suede in Soft-Spoken on the left and Lux Out Loud Liquid Lipstick on the right.
Here's a swatch of the Luv Out Loud Liquid Lipsticks on my inner arm from top to bottom, left to right; Confident, Brilliant, Fearless, Passionate, Extraordinary, and Brave.
Here's how Confident looks on me.
Here's an overall look with Kate Eye Shadow in BR-1 and MustaeV Cheeky Chic Blush in Light Coral.
Here's how Brilliant looks on me.
Here's an overall look with the same eye and cheek makeup as above.
Here's how Fearless looks on me.
Here's an overall look with the same eye and cheek makeup as above.
Here's how Passionate looks on me.
Here's an overall look with the same eye and cheek makeup as above.
Here's how Extraordinary looks on me.
Here's an overall look with the same eye and cheek makeup as above.
Here's how Brave looks on me.
Here's an overall look with the same eye and cheek makeup.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, there's no noticeable scent while applying. I just sniffed the product and the scent is light. It took me several sniffs but it has a slight musky scent. I also sniffed NYX Liquid Suede Cream Lipstick in Soft-Spoken and it smells exactly like these Luv Out Loud Liquid Lipsticks. Secondly, the packaging reminds me of NYX Liquid Suede Cream Lipsticks. I took out the one I own, Soft-Spoken, and it's an exact duplicate. The width, the black diamond-style top, color of the packaging matching the color of the lip color, and even the weight is the same. The only difference is the design of the print. The name of Liquid Suede Cream Lipstick is more straight font with a slight curve for the word "Suede", where as, Luv Out Loud Liquid Lipstick has a curve font. With that said, I like the packaging. I've always like the packaging of Liquid Suede Cream Lipsticks. It stood out to me. It's not a high-end type of design but more for teenagers to young adults. It's cute and very modern. It's well-made and sturdy. It's made out of thick plastic. The top is also sturdy. It has a tight seal, and I cannot see it open or break unless someone is rough with the packaging. For that reason, it's travel-friendly. It easy to carry and throw in your bag, purse, pocket, and so on. The doe foot applicator matches Liquid Suede Cream Lipsticks. They're both long, thin, flat on both sides with a round tip. The round tip helps define the outline of the lips and the flat sides help fill the remaining. Depending on the color and consistency, most are easy to outline the lips. I did have some difficulties with Passionate but it was mostly Brave. I will get into that soon. Third, the consistency is a thin creamy texture/velvety matte or at least most of them are. I found Confident on the slightly thicker consistency side but not by much. All of them did not tug on the lips and most of them went on smoothly except Brave. Brave was slightly patchy and it dried quicker than the others. The picture above was two layers of Brave to even out the patchiness and that was the best I could get. I tried it twice and this was the better of the two. It looks bad in the picture but in person, it's not that noticeable with our visual eyes. With that said, I'm not too sure why they name this Liquid Lipsticks. It's exactly like Liquid Suede Cream Lipsticks. It's a creamy lipstick that isn't transfer proof. Once applied, the slight shininess dries matte but that's about it. Fourth, the theme of the lipsticks is for fall/winter season. It has some kind of purple in them except Confident. Confident is just a peachy tone neutral lipstick. Confident makes my lips look like a concealer and doesn't look great on my skin tone. It'll look great on darker skin individuals. Brilliant is a mauve brown tone lipstick. It's a gorgeous color and it's great for everyday! Fearless is a pastel lavender color. It's a gorgeous color on a lot of people but it doesn't look good on my skin tone. It makes my skin look pale and sickly. Passionate is a in-between medium to dark purple color. I actually like the color on my skin. Extraordinary is more a bright purple with slight pink. It'll also be great for summer as well. Brave is a dark bluish purple. I so wanted to like this and was hoping it'll look good on my skin. Pigmentation-wise I was impressed. They're all bold and one layer was good enough. I applied two layers for Brave to even out the patchiness. Lastly, it lasted until I ate/drank. I have a tendency to wipe my mouth after I eat. If I didn't, it would last longer. Most of the color will come off in the center of the lips from the grease of the food. It's comfortable and did not dry out my lips. I did not see any white residue in the center of the lips. I'm so happy with these lip products. I'm so thankful for the opportunity to try this set. Just like Liquid Suede, I like this as well! I highly recommend Brilliant, Passionate, and Extraordinary.

Pros:
* No noticeable scent while applying.
* Cute, modern packaging.
* Well-made and sturdy packaging.
* Sturdy top with a tight seal.
* Travel-friendly.
* Long, thin, flat on both sides with a round tip applicator; easy to outline and color the remaining.
* Thin, creamy consistency/velvety matte texture.
* Did not tug on the lips.
* Went on smoothly.
* Dries matte.
* Great for fall/winter weather.
* Pigmented.
* Comfortable.
* Not drying.
* Lasted until I ate/drank.

Cons:
* Brave is slightly patchy and dried quicker than the rest.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4.5/5 Tobey's Paws


Other NYX products reviewed/swatch:
Butter Lipsticks
Chunky Dunk Hydrating Lippie
Liquid Suede Cream Lipstick
Soft-Spoken
Macaron Lippie
Violet
Ombre Blush
Strictly Chic
Ombre Lip Duo

Disclaimer: The products mentioned in this post are given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the products. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...