Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Lancome Monsieur Big Mascara

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

For my birthday, May 2017, ULTA gave the newest mascara from Lancome.

Product Review: Lancome Monsieur Big Mascara

Where to purchase: ULTA, Sephora, department stores, and online at lancome-usa.com
Price: $25 for 0.33 oz

Made in France

Description from the website:
What it is:
A BIG volume mascara that delivers instant heart-stopping volume with up to 24 hour wear that lasts all night, and even the morning after, for your biggest, blackest, boldest lashes yet.

What it does:
You'll know Monsieur Big Mascara is the one at first stroke. The BIG brush and ultra-creamy formula glides like silk onto lashes to deliver up to 12x more volume* with up to 24 hour wear. No touch-ups, flaking and smudging. Perfect for your BIG evening out AND even the morning after.
*than bare lashes alone

What else you need to know:
Monsieur Big's brush has a unique shape with soft, wavy fibers to deliver the perfect amount of formula with the very first stroke. His ultra-creamy formula has supple waxes and polymers to adhere immediately to lashes for BIG, buildable volume and length. Apply one coat and you will see why Monsieur Big is the one. Keep applying and you'll forget all the others.

Research results:
95% feel this mascara glides easily on lashes during application
95% find this mascara comfortable to wear all day long
92% find the color of the mascara very dark/ intense
91% feel this mascara make their eyes look bigger
90% feel this mascara lengthen their lashes well

Beauty Tip:
To take Monsieur BIG to the next level prep your lashes with Cils Booster XL lash primer. Remove all traces of your BIG night out with Bi-Facil double action eye remover.
Ingredients:
AQUA / WATER PARAFFIN POTASSIUM CETYL PHOSPHATE COPERNICIA CERIFERA CERA / CARNAUBA WAX ETHYLENE/ACRYLIC ACID COPOLYMER STYRENE/ACRYLATES/AMMONIUM METHACRYLATE COPOLYMER CERA ALBA / BEESWAX SYNTHETIC BEESWAX BIS-DIGLYCERYL POLYACYLADIPATE-2 POLYBUTENE CETYL ALCOHOL STEARETH-20 GLYCERYL DIBEHENATE STEARETH-2 C12-13 PARETH-23 C12-13 PARETH-3 TRIBEHENIN ACACIA SENEGAL GUM GLYCERYL BEHENATE SODIUM LAURETH SULFATE SILICA DIVINYLDIMETHICONE/DIMETHICONE COPOLYMER DISODIUM EDTA HYDROGENATED JOJOBA OIL HYDROGENATED PALM OIL HYDROXYETHYLCELLULOSE CAPRYLYL GLYCOL TETRASODIUM EDTA ETHYLENEDIAMINE/STEARYL DIMER DILINOLEATE COPOLYMER BUTYLENE GLYCOL BHT PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRA-DI-T-BUTYL HYDROXYHYDROCINNAMATE POTASSIUM SORBATE SODIUM DEHYDROACETATE PHENOXYETHANOL [+/- MAY CONTAIN CI 75470 / CARMINE CI 77007 / ULTRAMARINES CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / IRON OXIDES ]
Thoughts: When I first received this sample as a birthday gift, I was kind of disappointed. The last several years ULTA gave out full-size products. Then I saw on Instagram it's a new product. The beauty blogger in me was excited to review the product on my blog. We are always trying to review new products but it can get costly. For that reason, I'm so thankful to receive a sample size.
Here's a closer look at the sample mascara.
Here's how the full-size mascara looks like. I took it from the website.
Here's a closer look at the wand.
Here's how the mascara looks on me.
Here's the same look at a different angle.
Here's an overall look with Billy B X Gallany Essentials Palette on the eyes and L'Oreal Infallible Paints/Lips Mattes in Festival on the lips.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, there's no noticeable scent while applying. I just sniffed the product and there's a slight scent. It smells like mascara if that makes sense. Secondly, I cannot say much about the packaging since I don't own the full-size. I can only speak of the sample I got. The packaging of the sample is no where close to the full-size. For that reason, I am not mentioning anything about the packaging. With that said, I will only mention the wand. I'm guessing the wand should be the same. The wand is the perfect width. It's not too big that it touches my skin. Since I have straight Asian lashes, I need to curl them before I apply mascara. Since my lashes are so curled, I need to be careful how I apply the mascara. If it's too big, the mascara gets all over my lids and it's not a pretty sight. I didn't have to worry with this mascara. It didn't touch my lid skin whatsoever. It's also not too thin that I have to do multiple strokes. Several strokes and it coats all my lashes. I even can get close to the roots. Not only that, it coats my short lashes on the bottom. The sample is great for traveling. Since it's so small, it's easy to throw in my pocket, purse, and bag. I'm sure the full-size is travel-friendly as well. Third, the consistency is on the creamy side. Usually it's wetter on the first try than the rest. I believe it was but not to the point that it stood out in my head. With that said, it went on smoothly and there were no clumps. If you apply more than two coats, it gets clumpier but that's with any mascaras. You're just laying on top of another layer. The end results was amazing! It thickened my thin lashes and gave me longer lashes. While applying, I saw the fibers attach to the end of the lashes and grow. It isn't like Asian fiber lashes like Kiss Me Heroine Make Long & Curl Mascara where I can see the fibers on the mascara wand and just adhere to my lashes. I cannot see any fibers on the Lancome wand, as well as, adhere to my lashes but I saw it grow in front of my naked eyes. I love the volume it gave me. It's not comparable to false lashes but it's pretty decent for my Asian lashes. Best of it, my curl lashes did not fall at all. When I curl and apply mascara, the lashes fall slightly. It did not with this mascara. Lastly, it lasted all day on me. I did not see any smudging, flakes, and the curl did not fall whatsoever. With that said, it did take some more effort to remove than most mascaras. When I remove with eye makeup remover, it came off but the next morning I look like a raccoon. I had to remove the next morning as well. If this is the result of this mascara, removing twice was not a big deal for me. I love the result of the mascara and I do not get this often!

Pros:
* No noticeable scent while applying.
* Not so thin and not so big wand; perfect width.
* Does not touch my lid skin.
* Easily coats the lashes.
* Easy to get close to the roots.
* Travel-friendly.
* Creamy consistency.
* Went on smoothly.
* No clumping.
* Gave me volume.
* Gave me length.
* Curl lashes did not fall whatsoever.
* Lasted all day on me.
* No smudging, flakes, and the curl did not fall.

Cons:
* Takes slightly more effort to remove.

Would repurchase: Yes!
Rating:  5/5 Tobey's Paws


Other Lancome products reviewed/swatch:
Advanced Genifique
Baume In Love Sheer Tinted Lipbalm Moisture & Comfort
DreamTone
Hypnose Star Mascara
Vernis In Love Nail Polish

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...