Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Full Body Experience at Elements Massage

Disclaimer: The products mentioned in this post is given to me and the service is complimentary. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the products. This post is written with my honest opinion.

Elements Massage in Santa Clarita had a grand opening July 14, 2017. Unfortunately, I was not able to attend since I was out of town/on vacation. They were kind enough to still offer a complimentary full body massage. I went two weekends ago August 5th, 2017. Since I've been working overtime at work/family visited, this post is a little bit late but so worth reading!

Before I talk about my experience, let me tell you about their promise...

"Elements Massage invites you to experience the highest rated massage in the industry. We are so committed to being #1 in customer satisfaction that we promise to meet or exceed your expectations - or your next massage is on us. Experience the Elements Massage difference."

They said it so well! I got the information from the press kit.

It's located in a small, outdoor shopping center.
As soon as you enter, the receptionist area is on the right side. I don't know how many receptionists they have but the ones I met that day were extremely friendly.
On the left side as you enter is the waiting area. I actually like the colors. Other than looking like someone's living room, the color is very calming. It really does relax you before you go in for a massage.
Unfortunately, I didn't take a picture of the room I got my massage in. The owner Tammy was kind enough to show me around and I was able to take a picture of one of the massage bed in the couples room. It looks exactly like the one I got my massage in.
I didn't have to use the bathroom while I was there, but Tammy told me she filled the area for customers. I don't even see this at the doctor's office. There's cotton, Q-tips, mouthwash, and so on. I'm not 100% sure but it looks like it to me. I saw personal protection for that time of the month.
At the end, the owner Tammy gave me a goody bag. It was so sweet of her! Please ignore the frosting of the cookie. It melted in my car the drive home but it was delicious. I haven't used the gel pack on the right but excited to try it cold.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, let me tell you my history with massages. Other than family and friends massaging my back and shoulder, I've only had one foot massage at a Chinese spa. The experience was interesting. I'm very ticklish and the masseuse made me crack half the time. It felt good but my body was not fully into it. For that reason, I consider myself a newbie with massages. Going into this, I was fully open minded. I didn't have any expectations, didn't know what to expect, and so on. I just went in with a clear slate. At times, I think it's a good thing and this was one of that time. Secondly, the owner and the employees (receptionists and masseuse) are extremely friendly. I didn't know what to expect and didn't even know there were different massages. I found out there's hot stone massage, Himalayan salt stone massage, couples massage, and even prenatal massage. This will be so calming for pregnant mothers especially carrying the baby for 9 months. Before getting the massage, I had to fill out some information. It asked where I wanted the massage to be mostly focused on, as well as, the pressure of the massage. I said all over and soft. I did mentioned there were tension on my neck and shoulder. It started two days ago when I took my very first yoga class. It also didn't help that work was stressing me out for a few months. Third, I met the masseuse. She's extremely friendly and professional. She walked me to our room and told me to undress except my undies. Then go under the cover on the massage table with my head down. I definitely was not expecting that. If you do get a massage, I highly recommend shaving your legs and underarms, and have clean feet. I felt extremely bad because I didn't shave my legs, and I'm sure my feet was dirty from wearing flip flops. When it comes to underarms, I do not worry anymore since I got laser hair removal. I will eventually get it done on my legs but for now, I still need to shave. She told me she's seen everything and not to worry. I still felt bad and thought that would be constantly in my head while she's massaging me. That was not the case and I will get into that in a little bit later. She gave me the privacy to take my clothes off and bra, and get underneath the covers. Then she knocked on the door and I told her to come in. There's two types of covers, flat sheet and a throw-like blanket. She arranges them so she can massage my back while covering my private areas. Before she starts, she applies pressure and ask if I wanted it more or less. Of course being weak, I ask for softer pressure. Then she massages with lotion, and it felt extremely cool and refreshing. Since the room was dim and my head was looking through the pillow, I started relaxing. I can see why so many people fall asleep. I didn't fall asleep but it felt like out of body experience. I know I was there, I could feel the massage, and I could hear her asking several more times if I wanted more or less pressure. Mentally, I didn't feel like I was there. After spending some time massaging my back, neck, shoulder, and arms; she did my legs. Then I turned around and she did the front. I remember she did the neck, shoulder, and arms. I cannot remember if she did the head. I do remember a hot towel but I cannot remember what she used it for. When it was over, I didn't want to move. I wanted more. Then she left to give me privacy to change back to my clothes. She came back one last time for a short conversation. She confirmed I am tense around the neck and shoulder. Instead of just leaving at that and telling me to come back, she actually gave me instruction on an stretching exercise I can do to loosen the tension. That was a huge plus in my book! She also offered cold water or hot tea. I took the cold water and I didn't feel like I was being pushed out now that the session was over. Lastly, I had an amazing time! Now I can see why my friends and family love massages. It felt amazing and lasted days after the massage. I highly recommend this location and I recommend the masseuse Leslie!

Elements Massage
26568 Bouquet Canyon Road
Santa Clarita, CA 91350
(661) 263-5608

Disclaimer: The products mentioned in this post is given to me and the service is complimentary. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the products. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...