Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Models Own Lix Matte Liquid Lipstick in Coral Fresh

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

I am fortunate to work with Models Own.

I received two of their liquid lipsticks. If you were like me and have never heard of Models Own, it's a UK brand that ULTA carries. For this post, I will review the product on the right.
Product Review: Models Own Lix Matte Liquid Lipstick in #03 Coral Fresh

Where to purchase: ULTA and online at ulta.com
Price: $7.99 for 6.5 mL/ 0.22 fl oz

Made in Taiwan

Description from the package: Get lippy with this smooth matte lip cream. With a fresh minty scent, this is all you need for a bit of lip service.
Ingredients:
Cyclopentasiloxane, Polyisobutene, Isododecane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Polyethylene, Paraffin, Ozokerite, Euphorbia Cerifera Wax, Cetearyl Alcohol, Silica,Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Flavor / Aroma, Limonene, Linalool. May Contain: Red 6 / CI 15850, Blue 1 / CI 42090, Red 28 / CI 45410, Iron Oxides / CI 77491, CI 77499, Titanium Dioxide / CI 77891.
Thoughts: The first time I saw this product was at the ULTA store. My store had testers for this lip products and I fell in love with the pigmentation. I wanted to purchase some but I was on a no buy. So when I got these in mail, I was stoke!
Here's a closer look at the color.
Here's a closer look at the doe foot applicator.
Here's a swatch of the product on my hand.
Here's how it looks on me.
Here's an overall look on me. I have Too Faced Sweet Peach Eyeshadow Palette on the eyes.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, there's a slight scent while applying. I just sniffed the product and it has a strong minty scent. Usually, I'm not a fan of minty smell. They remind me of toothpaste. This particular smell doesn't remind me of toothpaste but more of a chewing gum. I have sensitive nose and there's different degrees of mint. It's also mental. I like the minty smell of a toothpaste for the time I brush my teeth. I don't want to smell it throughout the day. Chewing gum, on the other hand, makes me feel calm and relaxed. It doesn't give me a gag reflex. Thankfully, this smells more like a chewing gum and the scent only lasts for couple of seconds. Secondly, I love the packaging! It's sleek and just plain simple. I'm really drawn to the packaging especially how bold the lip colors stand out. It's well-made and sturdy. I like that it comes in a see through packaging. You can see the color. If you own more than one, you can distinguish them apart. It also comes with a sturdy top. I can feel a slight push when I open and close the top. The slight push tells me it tightens and closes the top. I cannot see it open unless you open it manually. For that reason, it's travel-friendly. I also cannot see it break unless you are rough with the packaging. With that said, it comes with a typical doe foot applicator. It's slanted at one side of the tip. It makes it easy to outline the lips and color the remaining. Third, the consistency is creamy and in-between medium to thick. It glides on and does not tug on the lips. With that said, initially it goes on slightly streaky. After applying back and forth with the doe foot applicator, the color softens and leaves a beautiful creamy texture. With most minty scents, there's usually a tingling sensation. That what my most biggest fear. I have sensitive lips and tingling sensation lasts longer on me than most people. I did feel a tingling sensation but it wasn't strong at all. It was a slight sensation for couple of seconds. I personally did not mind. Sometimes I don't even feel it. Once it dries and it dries within seconds, there's no grease and stickiness. It dries like most liquid lipsticks and feels like my natural lip. It doesn't even feel like I'm wearing anything. Also, it doesn't fall in-between my fine to deep lines. It leaves a nice, smooth creamy looking lip product. It doesn't mention if it's transfer-proof on the package, as well as, the ULTA website. I do see slight marking on my cup when I drink but not to the point you see a full shape of a lip. It's like a slight inner lip line. That's pretty good in my opinion. Fourth, the color is more a pinkish-orange or at least on me. I love this color on the nails. I don't know if it fits me but it's a gorgeous color nevertheless! If you're warm tone and love bright colors, this will be gorgeous on you. It's a great color for spring/summer season. If you're not into bright colors, you can soften it up with your fingers. You can apply a little bit or do an ombre style like Korean celebrities. When it comes to pigmentation, I was blown away! It's maximum pigmentation in my standard. This is so worth it for the pigmentation alone. Lastly and even after eating/drinking, the color does not come off. This is coming from someone who wipes her mouth multiple times during a meal. I do see slight markings on the napkin, but I don't know where it's coming from. I don't see my lip product decrease on my lips. It looks like how I applied it and it lasts all day. This liquid lipstick lasts longer than a lot of liquid lipsticks I know. I was pretty impressed! Not only that, it's comfortable and did not dry out my lips. I didn't see any white residue in the center of the lips from dryness.

Pros:
* Slight minty smell while applying.
* Smell only lasts for couple of seconds.
* Sleek, simple packaging.
* Well-made and sturdy packaging.
* Comes with a see through packaging; can distinguish if you own more than one.
* Sturdy top; slight push when you close it.
* Travel-friendly.
* Creamy consistency.
* In-between medium to thick consistency.
* Glides on.
* Does not tug on the lips.
* Slight tingling sensation for couple of seconds.
* No grease and stickiness.
* Dries within seconds.
* Doesn't fall in-between my fine/thick lines.
* Leaves a nice, smooth creamy texture.
* Doesn't leave a full shape marking from the lip product.
* Gorgeous color!
* Great for warm tone skin.
* Great for spring/summer season.
* Maximum pigmentation!
* Comfortable.
* Not drying.
* Lasts all day even after eating/drinking.

Cons:
* Not too sure if it's transfer-proof.

Would repurchase: Yes!
Rating:  5/5 Tobey's Paws

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...