Monday, April 24, 2017

Manicure Monday: Orly in Snowcone

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

I'm not too sure when I bought this Orly polish or where.

This is Orly in Snowcone. I cannot seem to find it on the website. It's either sold out or discontinued. Since I did a thorough review of Orly in Mirror Mirror, I will base this on that.
Here's a closer look at the color. The color is brighter than in the bottle.
Here's a closer look at the brush. Compared to my favorite OPI brush, the length is the same. The width is a lot thinner. It's on the thin side.
I applied OPI Nail Envy in OriginalFormula X Prime Xcel Base Coat, 2 coats of Orly in Snowcone, and then topped it with Formula X Shine Xcel Top Coat.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, I'm not a fan of this thin brush. I found it hard to paint around the cuticles and sides. There's a good chance it might be a combination of the brush and the consistency which I will go into later. Secondly, I like the packaging of the bottle. It's easy to grab and not only that, it's sturdy and well-made. It also comes with a rubber top that doesn't become sticky with time. I cannot stand when it becomes sticky. It's uncomfortable and hard to clean. Not only that, it has a tight seal. With that said, I cannot see it break or open unless you open manually. For that reason, it's travel-friendly. Third, the consistency is in-between medium to thick. I was able to take my time painting without the consistency changing or drying out. It just was slightly thick from the beginning to end. It made it kind of hard to paint a nice, thin layer. Since it was slightly thick, one layer is good enough if you want. With that said, it went on smoothly and there were no streaking and bubbles. Fourth, the color is nice. It's a good spring/summer color. I could see myself wearing this during winter as well. For fall, I cannot see it. With that said, it's pretty pigmented. Since the consistency is slightly thick, one layer is good enough but I still did two. Lastly, I didn't see any shrinkage whatsoever and I'm on my seventh day. I did see some chipping but it was at the ends of the tips. It really wasn't noticeable unless you examine closely with your eyes. It looks exactly like the day when I painted it. I'm pretty impressed I must say!

Would repurchase: Maybe.
Rating:  4/5 Tobey's Paws


Other Orly products reviewed/swatch:
Nail Polish

Treatments

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...