Monday, December 12, 2016

Manicure Monday: Formula X in Dark Matter

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

A friend gifted me Formula X polishes several years ago.

I took this picture from my Instagram.
Here's a closer look at the nail polishes from The X Look. Unfortunately, they don't sell any of these polishes anymore. I already reviewed Formula X in Atom + Eve (second from left), Formula X in Mr. Positivity (third from the left), and Formula X in Bond, Ionic Bond (last from the left). For this post, I will review the polish on the left.
This is Formula X in Dark Matter. Since I did a thorough review of Formula X in Atom + Eve, I will base this on that.
Here's a look at the ingredients. Click on the picture to see the original size.
Here's a closer look at the color. It kind of looks navy here but it's not. It's plain black.
Here's a closer look at the brush. Compared to my favorite OPI brush, it's thinner and shorter. It's short because it's a mini-sized polish. The width is on the thin side.
I applied OPI Nail Envy in Original, Formula X Prime Xcel Base Coat, and 2 coats of Formula X in Dark Matter on all the nails except ring finger. On the ring finger, I applied 1 coat of Formula X in Dark Matter. Then I applied Formula X Shine Xcel Top Coat and let it dry. Once the top coat was dried, I apply a strip and immediately applied L.A. Colors in Live. Then I topped every nail with Formula X Shine Xcel Top Coat.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, the brush is on the thin and short size. It's not my style of brush but actually, I didn't have a problem painting the sides and cuticles. I just grabbed a lot more than usual for each nail. Secondly, the consistency is on the medium. It didn't get thick while painting. I was able to take my time. I'm pretty impressed because from my experience, black polishes get thick quickly. Not only that, I haven't even used this polish for years. More reason I love this polish. I'm sad they got rid of this polish in their collection. I don't know why because it beats OPI. Anyways, it went on smoothly and there were no streaking and bubbles. Third, this is a great black color. It's perfect for winter season. It's dark and goes well with everything. Lastly, I didn't see any shrinkage. I did notice chipping on the sides of the tips on the fifth day.

Would repurchase: Yes, if it comes back.
Rating:  4.5/5 Tobey's Paws


Other Formula X reviewed/swatch:
treatments

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...