Friday, June 17, 2016

KORRES Lip Butter in Guava

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

I was shocked I had this picture in my file. It was a Sephora haul some years ago.

I bought KORRES lip products and Tarte kit sets. It came with three samples. I'm not too sure what I did with them.
Here's a look at the products inside the KORRES lip products set. For this post, I will review the lip butter on the bottom right.
Product Review: KORRES Lip Butter in Guava

Where to purchase: Sephora and online at korresusa.com
Price: $12 for 0.21 oz/ 6 g

Made in Italy

Description from the website: A rich, all natural lip butter that is also a tinted lip balm. This hydrating and softening lip treatment melts on the lips and offers a shiny finish.
Ingredients:
Polybutene, Trimethylolpropane Triisostearate, Hydrogenated Polydecene, Polyethylene, Hydroxystearic Acid, Stearalkonium Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Sucrose Tetrastearate Triacetate, Flavor (Aroma), Tocopherol, Dicalcium Phosphate, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Wax, Psidium Guajava Fruit Extract, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter Extract. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide.
Thoughts: When I bought it back in the days, it was a rage on YouTube. I hardly hear anything about this brand anymore.
Here's a closer look at the lip butter.
Here's a swatch on my hand. This is exactly how it looks on the lips.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, there's no noticeable scent while applying the product on the lips. I just sniffed the product, and it has a mixture of vanilla and peppermint. Secondly, the consistency is medium with slight stickiness. I know some people don't like sticky products but it's not that noticeable. When I smack my lips together, they don't stick. Also, the website claims it melts like butter on the lips. I don't agree. It doesn't melt on my lips but leaves a slight, smooth layer on top. It feels like a non-sticky gloss with a slight, shiny finish. Lastly, I bought this product because Youtubers said it's an extremely hydrating product. Since I have dry lips with a lot of dry patches, I need a product that hydrates. There are times it hydrates my lips and the dry patches disappear. Then there are times no matter how much I apply this product, the dry patches don't disappear. Because of my experience, I recommend this product to normal to hydrated lips. For someone with a lot of dry patches like me, I don't recommend especially during the winter. You don't know when it will hydrate and when it won't.

Pros:
* No noticeable scent while applying.
* Medium consistency.
* No noticeable stickiness.
* Slight, shiny finish.
* Good for normal to hydrated lips.
* Slight hydrating.
* Cruelty-free.

Cons:
* Does not melt like butter.
* Leaves a thin layer on top of the lips.

Would repurchase: Maybe.
Rating:  3/5 Tobey's Paws

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...