Monday, May 2, 2016

Manicure Monday: Madam Glam in Midnight Lover

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

I am lucky to work with Madam Glam.
I took this picture from my Instagram. I already reviewed Madam Glam in Underground Queen (second from left), Madam Glam in Cinderella Shoes (last from left), and Madam Glam in Dusty Navy (third from left). For this post, I will review the first polish from the left.
Since I did a thorough review of Madam Glam in Make A Wish, I will base this on that. This is Madam Glam in Midnight Lover and it retails for $7.90.
Ingredients :
Ethyl acetate, butyl acetate, nitrocellulose, adipic acid?neopentyl glycol/trimellitic, anhydride copolymer, acetyl tributyl citrate, isopropyl alcocol, silica, acrylates copolymer, rtyrene/acrylates copoplymer, bensophenone-3, trimethylpentanediyl, dibenzoate, benzophenone-1, alumia polyvinyl, Butyral, D&C Violet #2, (CI60725)
Here's a look at the ingredients. I find it extremely crucial to know what you are putting on yourself.
Here's a closer look at the color. The website describes it as "violet glitter. So much glitter, just like the stars on the sky during a quiet night! A perfect manicure for a romantic meeting with your Prince Charming!" I agree with the description. It is full of glitters and it's violet.
Here's a closer look at the brush. Compared to my favorite OPI brush, the width and the length is the same.
I applied OPI Nail Envy in Original, Seche Crystal Clear Base Coat, 2 coats of Madam Glam in Midnight Lover, and then topped it off with CND Vinylux Weekly Top Coat.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, the brush is my perfect brush. I love the width and length. It makes it easy to paint especially around the cuticles and sides. You only need three strokes and you're done with each nail. Secondly, it is a glittery polish. There are different sizes of glitters. Thankfully, the glitters are on the small size. It makes it easier to remove than the big chunk of glitters. Compared to most glitters, I did find this easier to remove. It does take some effort but it's not that bad in my opinion. With that said, the glitters do not fall to the bottom. You do not have to search for them and they are evenly spread on the brush. It's easy to apply, and there's no streaking and bubbles. Third, this is a gorgeous fall/winter color. Not only that, it's extremely unique. I have not seen this color in any brands. In certain angles, it looks more purple and other times it looks bluish-purple. Lastly, there was no chipping during my week of wear. I did notice slight shrinkage on the third day but it wasn't that noticeable.

Would repurchase: Yes!
Rating:  4.5/5 Tobey's Paws


Other Madam Glam products reviewed/swatch:
Nail Polish
Cinderella Shoes

Madam Glam is kind enough to give me a code, "Ahleessa30", for my readers. You get 30% off any purchases. I am not affiliated with the website. I will not get paid if you use the code.

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...