Wednesday, March 30, 2016

e.l.f. 3-in-1 Mascara

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

Please don't forget to enter JORD $25 E-gift Card. It's good until end of March, 2016.


In December, I received some e.l.f. Cosmetics.

I took this picture from my Instagram. I already reviewed e.l.f. Long-Lasting Lustrous Eyeshadow in Toast on the bottom right. For this post, I will review the mascara on the top right.
Product Review: e.l.f. 3-in-1 Mascara in #81440 Very Black

Where to purchase: CVS, Target, Kmart, and online at elfcosmetics.com
Price: $3 for 0.41 fl oz/ 12 mL

Made in China

Description from the package: An all-in-one professional mascara that lengthens, defines and volumizes lashes. The uniquely shaped silicone brush has precision bristles to coat every lash for a dramatic look. The long-lasting maximum performance formula gives all day smudge-free, budge-free wear.
Ingredients:
Water (Aqua), Styrene/Acrylates/Ammonium Methacrylate Copolymer, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Synthetic Candelilla Wax, Synthetic Beeswax, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ozokerite, Stearic Acid, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Triethanolamine, PVP, Triacontanyl PVP, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Benzyl Alcohol, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone May Contain: DC Black #2 (CI 77266), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)
Thoughts: I have never tried e.l.f. mascaras and for that reason, I was excited especially knowing the price.
Here's a closer look at the wand. It's extremely unique and interesting.
Here's a closer look at the bendable applicator.

Now for how it looks on me...
I know it's a little bit hard to see. This was the best one I can find. The eyeshadows I used is from CoverGirl TruNaked in Goldens. I love the palette and will review soon!
Here's another view of the lashes.
Here's an overall look with Too Faced Melted Chocolate in Chocolate Milkshake on my lips that I will review Friday.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, there's no noticeable scent while applying the mascara. I just sniffed the mascara and there is a slight scent but it's minimum. I have to say it's the least smelling mascara I have ever smelled. Secondly, the packaging is extremely travel-friendly. It has a smooth texture that you cannot scratch, as well as, it won't stain especially from the mascara. With that said, the shape of the packaging makes it really easy to grab onto. Since it's a little bit wider on the top of the opening, it makes it easier to grab with the thumb. Third, the applicator is also interesting and definitely unique. I have never seen a mixture of two types of wand in one. When I first saw it, I thought it was pretty cool. Now that I've been using the mascara for three months, I don't see a point. I ended up only using the brush part. I hardly used the tip. With that said, the silicone brush/tip isn't soft. It pokes especially when I get close to the root. I have never had this experience before. It's not painful but you definitely can feel it. I think it will be better for people with naturally, curly lashes and you don't have to go all the way to the root. Unfortunately, I wasn't blessed. I have the typical, straight Asian lashes that need curling before I coat the lashes. Fourth and speaking of curling, I was impressed my lashes did not fall knowing that it's not waterproof. That was a huge plus for me! When it came to lengthening and volumizing, this mascara did not do it for me. I love the look of full lashes where it looks like I have a nice set of volume. I barely noticed no matter how much I coated my lashes. I think this mascara would fit non-Asian lashes better. Lastly, it lasted all day on me without smudging.

Pros:
* No noticeable scent.
* Not waterproof; easy to remove.
* Travel-friendly; hard to scratch and stain the packaging.
* Interesting, unique wand; two in one.
* Held the curl.
* Does not clump; separates the lashes.
* Did not smudge.
* Lasted all day on me.
* Cruelty-free.

Cons:
* Did not use both types of applicator, brush/tip.
* Wand is not soft; can poke the skin/eyes.
* Did not lengthen.
* Did not volume.
* Did not give me full set of lashes.

Would repurchase: No.
Rating:  2.5/5 Tobey's Paws


Other e.l.f. products reviewed/swatched:
Long-Lasting Lustrous Eyeshadow
Moisturizing Lipstick
Prism Eyeshadow

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...