Friday, November 13, 2015

Kat Von D Mi Vida Loca Remix Studded Kiss Lip Set in Gold Blooded, Halo, NaYeon, Coven, Sexer, Wolvesmouth, Bachelorette, and Noble; Holiday 2015 (Limited Edition)

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

Please don't forget to enter Mont Bleu Compact Mirror Giveaway. It ends November 24, 2015 at 11:59 p.m. PST (Pacific time).


Couple of weeks ago, I purchased some products from Sephora.

Here's my haul. For this post, I will review the lip product from Kat Von D on the top left.
Product Review: Kat Von D Mi Vida Loca Remix Studded Kiss Lip Set

Where to purchase: Sephora and online at sephora.com
Price: $42 for  1 x 3.0 g/ 0.10 oz and 7 x 1.2 g/ 0.04 oz

Made in Italy

Description from the package: Rock bold, unstoppable lip color with record-breaking Studded Kiss Lipsticks. New shade Gold Blooded- a remixed red with subtle gold shimmer, found only in this set-rises to fame in covetable studded white casing. It's accompanied by seven mighty minis in megahit shades for encore-worthy color and attitude.

The set list:
* New Limited Edition, Gold Blooded - A ballad of gold-laced blood-red shimmer.
* New, Halo - A high-octane orange.
* New, NaYeon - A heavy-metal hit of gunmetal shimmer.
* Coven - A lyrical matte lavender.
* Sexer - An all-night anthem of iridescent hot pink.
* Wolvesmouth - An untamed tribute to metallic berry.
* Bachelorette - A rhythmic reddish Fuchsia.
* Noble - A melody of matte petal pink nude.
Ingredients:
Click on the picture to see the original size.
Click on the picture to see the original size.
Thoughts: During this time of the year, I get most excited about the holiday collections. So when I saw this on Instagram, I was extremely stoked and couldn't wait to get my hands on it!
Here are the lipsticks from the collection.
It comes with one full-sized white, studded lipstick.
It also comes with 7 mini-sized in their typical black packaging. Both the full-sized and mini have the Kat Von D logo on the top of the lids.
I also like that the bottom comes with a matching label to the lipstick color. It's extremely helpful if you own more than one lipstick, to distinguish them apart without opening the top.
This is the full-sized lipstick Gold Blooded. It also has the Kat Von D logo on the lipstick itself.
This is Halo and all the mini-sized lipsticks don't have the Kat Von D logo.
This is NaYeon.
This is Coven.
This is Sexer.
This is Wolvesmouth.
This is Bachelorette.
This is Noble.
Here's the first four swatches from left to right; Noble, Halo, Bachelorett, and Gold Blooded.
Here's the last four from left to right; Sexer, Wolvesmouth, Coven, and NaYeon.

Now for how it looks on me...
Here's Gold Blooded. The shimmers are not that noticeable if you wear it opaque. The day I wore it I blended it where most of the colors were in the middle of my lips. The shimmers were noticeable especially in the sun.
Here's an overall look on me and please ignore my acne. I've been reacting badly lately.
Here's Halo. It's a warm toned orange and only certain people can pull it off. I'm not one of them.
Here's an overall look on me.
Here's NaYeon. Please excuse the bad quality of applying the lipstick. I guess you can say I wasn't a fan of this color and my dry, chapped lips didn't help either. This is better for people with smooth lips. I definitely recommend exfoliating, as well as, moisturizing before applying the lipstick. It also has a lot of shimmers and very metallic looking.
Here's an overall look. It looks more black when applied opaque. I applied lightly. For that reason, it's more lighter.
Here's Coven. Before applying the lipstick, I knew it wouldn't look good on me. For that reason, I applied lightly.
Here's an overall look on me.
Here's Sexer. I didn't think I would like it but I actually did. It's a gorgeous iridescent hot pink as the description says.
Here's an overall look on me.
Here's Wolvesmouth. It's a great fall/winter color I can see a lot of people wearing.
Here's an overall look.
Here's Bachelorette. It's a gorgeous color and it makes my teeth look white.
Here's an overall look.
Here's Noble. It's my typical, everyday color. It's a great nude pink color but I have to say it's not great for dry, chapped lips. You really need smooth lips for this color.
Here's an overall look on me.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, there's a slight vanilla scent. It's not noticeable while applying. I only noticed since I just sniffed the lipstick. Secondly, the packaging is extremely adorable! It's sturdy, well-made, and oh so adorable. I hate to say this but the packaging draws me to the lipsticks. For that reason, the limited edition holiday drew me in for one reason. I wanted the white lipstick tube. You cannot get the white lipstick tube except through this collection. They sure know how to market! Third, there's a mixture of consistency of texture. Most of the lipsticks are opaque except for Noble, the lightest one. I had to apply a lot even for my pale pink lips. It also went on patchy, as well as, NaYeon and Coven. For these three lipsticks, you need a smooth hydrated lips. If you have dry patchy lips, this will not look good on you like it did on me! With that said, there was some pros and cons. The consistency and pigmentation weren't all the same, but it went on easily without tugging the lips. Fourth, not everyone will like the colors in the collection. I definitely cannot see myself wearing Halo, NaYeon, and Coven. Even though I cannot see myself wearing the colors, I can mix them and wear it in a way that I like. For example, I thought having Sexer on the outside and Coven blended in the center of the lips might look good. I haven't tried it but it's a thought. Plus, they're all mini-sized. It's more like I'm trying samples. Even though all the colors are not to my liking, I love the full-sized one. I think it'll look great on every skin color! Lastly, they lasted until I ate/drank. They did not smudge or rub off while applied.

Pros:
* Variety of colors.
* Sturdy, well-made packaging.
* Travel-friendly.
* Comes with original, black, and new, white, tubes.
* Comes in both mini-sized and full.
* Slight scent.
* Most of the lipsticks are opaque.
* Easy to apply.
* Does not tug on the lips.
* You can mix and match the colors.
* Lasted until I ate/drank.

Cons:
* Limited edition.
* One lipstick isn't opaque.
* Some lipsticks you need hydrated, smooth lips.
* Colors are not for everyone.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4/5 Tobey's Paws


Other Kat Von D products reviewed/swatch:

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...