Friday, July 10, 2015

Maybelline ColorBlur in I Like to Mauve It

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

When I first heard about Maybelline ColorBlur, I knew I had to grab one.

I grabbed the lightest color from the bunch.
Product Review: Maybelline LipStudio ColorBlur in #50 I Like to Mauve It

Where to purchase: drugstores, retail chains, and online at maybelline.com
Price: $7.99 for 0.04 oz/ 1.25 g

Made in USA

Thoughts: Before I talk about the product, it's not up on the website yet. I'm sure it will be up soon.
When you take the top off, this is how it looks. I love that the product itself isn't scoop above the container. It makes it easier not to smudge the product.
Here's how the other end looks like. The smudger is there to smudge the edges to look faded/ombre. It's also where you twist the product.
Here's how the lip product looks like, and it's true to color.
Here's a swatch of the color on my hand.
Here's how the product looks on me.
Here's an overall look with the lip product.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, there's no scent whatsoever. Before I talk more, let me explain where the concept came from. It's a huge trend in Korea and you will notice US is making a lot of products they get from Korea like BB/CC Cream and cushions. In Korea, the faded color on edge of the lips is huge and has been for some time. Maybelline is the first or from my experience the first to come out with a product with a smudger that you can fade the edges. Of course, you don't have to. I, personally, find it weird to do that style here. I don't think it's that big yet or maybe it won't be. With that said, you do not need to use the smudger. You can color you whole lips like I did. Secondly, there are 10 colors in this collection. I noticed there isn't any nudes and the one I bought was the lightest of them all. If you are looking for neutral colors this is probably the only one. Third, the consistency is creamy and matte. It glides on and doesn't tug on your lips. It feels nice on the lips and it's not sticky. It also feels very light on the lips. It doesn't feel like you're wearing anything. Lastly and since it's light, the color lasts for several hours. I noticed some fading in the center of the lips close to the mouth. It's not huge but there is some.

Pros:
* Comes in a pencil form.
* Retractable.
* 10 colors in the collection.
* The color of the packaging matches the color of the product.
* No scent.
* Comes with a smudger; can fade the edges or the entire lips.
* Creamy matte.
* Goes on smoothly.
* Does not tug on the lips.
* Not sticky.
* Not drying.

Cons:
* No nudes in the collection.
* Color in the center of the lips fades within time.

Would repurchase: Maybe.
Rating:  3.5/5 Tobey's Paws


Other Maybelline products reviewed/swatch:
Baby Lips Lip Balm
Pink Punch
Pink Shock
Strike A Rose
ColorSensational High Shine Lip Gloss
Dream Bouncy Blush
EyeStudio Color Explosion
Caffeine Rush
EyeStudio Color Tattoo 24hr Eyeshadow
Too Cool
EyeStudio Color Tattoo Metal
EyeStudio Duo Eyeshadow
EyeStudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner
Lash Stiletto



Very Black
Master Conceal
Stylish Smokes
Charcoal Smokes
Natural Smokes
The Blushed Nudes
The Elixir ColorSensational

Nail Polishes
Color Show Brocades
Color Show Polka Dots

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

3 comments:

Gadis Ps said...

The color is really gorgeous. It suits on you ^^


www.gadzotica.com

Kirstie said...

I haven't seen these yet! I'll definitely have to check out Target or my local drugstore to try these out! Thanks for sharing =)
www.kfclovesyou.com

Piper said...

Looks good on ya! Your lips are beautiful anyhow so I can't imagine any lip product ever not looking good on you. ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...