Friday, May 15, 2015

Kat Von D Shade + Light Eye Contour Palette

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

When I went to The Makeup Show Los Angeles Part 2, the first booth I went to was Kat Von D.

I took this picture from my Instagram. Here's my haul from The Makeup Show.
This is my haul from Kat Von D. I bought a palette and lip product. They were kind enough to give me a sample eyeliner. For this post, I will review the palette.
Product Review: Kat Von D Shade + Light Eye Contour Palette

Where to purchase: Sephora and online at sephora.com
Price: $46 for 3 x 2.3 g/ 3 x 0.08 oz * 9 x 1.1 g/ 9 x 0.04 oz

Made in USA

Description from the paper:
Transform Your Eyes Through The Art Of Contouring
An expert sketch artist, Kat uses shadow and light to create dimension in her extraordinary portraits. Now, Kat's SHADE & LIGHT EYE CONTOUR PALETTE empowers you to create your ideal eye shape-for the ultimate definition, lift, or balance. Featuring an array of 12 SHADE & LIGHT eyeshadows, masterfully arranged into three unique quads-each with a BASE, CONTOUR, DEFINE and HIGHLIGHT shade in neutral, cool, and warm hues-so that no matter your eye shape or skin tone, you can effortlessly achieve any eye look you desire.
Thoughts: In all honesty, I didn't know about this palette until the night before The Makeup Show. When I heard they were only selling 15 that day, that's the first booth I had to run to. I love how the palette matches the box above.
Here's how the palettes looks open. It's a cardboard and the dimension of the palette matches the rest in Kat Von D line.
Here's a closer look at the eyeshadows. Each quad, top and bottom three, represents a color family. The first quad is neutral, middle is cool, and the last quad is warm. Each quad also has a specific area of the eye. The top is base, the first eyeshadow in the bottom is contour, the middle is define, and the last on the bottom is highlight.
Here's a closer look at one of the eyeshadows. It's the first bottom eyeshadow in the middle quad, cool.
Here's a swatch of the neutral quad, first four eyeshadows. The top one is hardly noticeable on my hand.
Here's a swatch of the cool quad, four middle eyeshadows. Again, the top is hardly noticeable on my hand.
Here's a swatch of the warm quad, last four eyeshadows. The top isn't noticeable on my hand.

Here's looks I did with the palette...
Look #1:
I believe I used base, top color from the neutral quad, on the lid. Then used contour, first bottom from the neutral quad, on the crease and define, middle eyeshadow from the neutral quad, on the outer v.
Here's an overall look with Dose Of Colors in Stone.

Look #2:
I used ColorPop eyeshadow in I Heart This on the lid. Then I blended the colors on the crease with and outer v with contour color from the cool quad, first bottom eyeshadow.
Here's an overall look.

Look #3:
I used Lorac Starry-Eye Baked Eye Shadow Trio in LoracStar, the lightest one, on the lid and base, top color from the warm quad, on the crease. Then I blended out with contour, first bottom eyeshadow from the warm quad, on the outer v.
Here's an overall look.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, this isn't my first palette from Kat Von D. I actually bought my first end of last year. With that said, I still haven't had a chance to use it. For that reason, this is the first Kat Von D palette I used. Secondly, the palette is fully concentrated on matte colors. If you're looking for glossy, shiny, glittery, and so on; this isn't it. They said it's all about contouring and shaping your eyes. I don't know if it's just me but couldn't you just do that with any matte eyeshadows? Even though there's a hype, you can actually use this palette for other things like contouring your cheekbones and others. Third, oh my goodness the eyeshadows are so smooth/buttery. It glides on the eyes and leaves a nice, smooth canvas. I have to say now I can understand why so many people love Kat Von D eyeshadows! They're extremely worth it. It goes on easy, they blend well together, and it doesn't take much work. Lastly, the eyeshadows did not crease on me and it lasted all day.

Pros:
* For all skin types; versatile.
* Travel-friendly.
* Great for contouring and defining the eyes.
* Can use for other areas of the face to contour and define.
* Matte eyeshadows only.
* Easy application.
* Buttery smooth eyeshadow.
* Easy to blend.
* Does not crease.
* Long lasting.

Cons:
* No shiny, glossy, and glitters eyeshadows.

Would repurchase: Yes!
Rating:  4/5 Tobey's Paws

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

1 comment:

Jessica W said...

This is a really pretty look! Thanks for sharing. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...