Monday, October 6, 2014

Manicure Monday: Born Pretty Holographic Nail Polish in #12

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

I'm going to review another product from Born Pretty Store.

I received some nail art products, and I already reviewed the DIY Nail Art Stencil on the far left. For this post, I will review the nail polish in the middle.
Product Review: Born Pretty Holographic Holo Glitter Nail Polish Varnish Hologram Effect 12#

Where to purchase: online at bornprettystore.com
Price: $29.88 for 6 mL/ 0.2 fl oz

Description from the website:
Specification:
Capacity: 6 mL
Quantity: 1 pc
Color: as shown in the picture

Package Contents:
1 pc Born Pretty Holographic Holo Glitter Nail Polish Varnish Hologram Effect

Feature:
100% brand new
The nail color in the sample picture is with: 1 layer base coat + 2-3 layers colored polish + top coat.
Professional quality nail polish ingredients which give glossy and long-lasting nail color.
Comes with brush making nail art fast and easy for everyone.
Allow you to create beautiful nail designs in short time.
Thoughts: When it comes to holographic polishes, I think they're just plain gorgeous! While looking through the website, I fell in love with this color.
Here's a closer look at the polish and it's very true to color!
Here's a look at the brush. Compared to OPI which I consider as medium width, this brush is in-between thin to medium. It's also very short in length.
I applied Orly Calcium Shield Basecoat, 2 coats of Born Pretty Holographic in #12, and then topped it off with Butter London Hardwear P.D. Quick Topcoat.
Here's another view of the nail polish on my nails.

Now for my overall opinion... First of all, the width of the brush in-between thin to medium and the length is short. When I first saw the brush, I thought I would struggle and get frustrated. It actually didn't bother me which is shocking in itself. I actually found it easy to paint my nails. Secondly, the consistency is medium. It's not too thick where it gets clumpy, and it's not too thin that it's watery. That might be another reason why it was easy to paint my nails. It goes on smoothly, and there's no streaking and bubbles. Third, it's extremely holographic and it's even noticeable indoors. That's a huge plus! I own another holographic polish and that's only noticeable outdoors. Lastly, the lasting power is 4 days which is comparable to OPI. It's not one of those noticeable big chunks, It's slight chip at the ends.

Pros:
* Comes in a variety of colors.
* Brush is easy to use.
* Medium consistency.
* Easy to apply.
* No streaking.
* No bubbles.
* Shiny.
* Extremely holographic even notice indoors.
* Longevity is 4 days.

Cons:
* Hard to find in stores.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4.5/5 Tobey's Paws


Other Born Pretty products reviewed/swatch:


Born Pretty Store was kind enough to give me a code, "ALL91", for my readers. You get 10% off any purchase. I am not affiliated with this website. I will not get paid if you use the code. I do promise you though if more than 10 readers use this code, they will sponsor a giveaway or contest on my blog. I do not benefit from the giveaway/contest. It's all for my readers!

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

8 comments:

LauraLeia said...

Wow! I didn't know BPS had their own nail polish, and holo ones at that! It looks really pretty, and if the holo even shows up indoors, double wow. :D But $29.88 for 6 ml does sound a little pricey >_<

Sachi said...

i picked up a few of these when they randomly went on sale. I think I have to finally try them!

Kim A. said...

it's very pretty on your nail ahleessa.
http://www.averysweetblog.com/

Ahleessa said...

Thank you! :)

Ahleessa said...

You will love them! What took you so long to try them?

Ahleessa said...

I'm thinking the price listed on the website might be wrong, but I'm not 100% sure. It is expensive but the polish is so worth it!

Sachi said...

They are so pretty and I want my nails to be nine and long but I keep breaking the darn things lol

Ahleessa said...

Do you chew your nails?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...