Thursday, June 20, 2013

Revlon Super Lustrous Lip Gloss in Fatal Apple

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

When Revlon came out with the new packaging for the Super Lustrous Lipglosses, I knew I had to grab some. I grabbed two. For this blog post, I will focus on the Fatal Apple.

Where to purchase: drugstores, mass merchandiser, and online at revlon.com
Price: $8.49 for 0.13 fl oz/3.8 mL (CVS)

Made in N.Y.

Description from the website: Moisturizing Shine. Non-sticky Feel.
A silky gloss that boosts hydration and plumps lips with moisture for a colorful glamorous shine. Available in 12 gorgeous shades.
Ingredients:
Thoughts: The first thing I thought of when I saw these lipglosses is that it reminded me of MAC Cremesheen Glass.
Here's Revlon compared to MAC Cremesheen Glass in Petite Indulgence. The packaging is similar except MAC is thinner and longer. Unfortunately, I cannot find the weight of MAC anywhere on the packaging.
Here's the comparison of the old packaging and the new. The new packaging is longer and rounder. The weight of the old is 0.2 fl oz/ 5.9 mL. How deceiving the new packaging is! For something that's longer and looks like it has more product, it actually has less (0.13 fl oz/ 3.8 mL).

Now for Fatal Apple...
Here's a closer look at the lipgloss. It's a gorgeous red lipgloss. At certain angles, you can see little sparkles but it's not that noticeable.
Here's the sponge applicator.
Here's the swatch of the lipgloss. The one on the left is Fuchsia Finery which I will talk about in a future post. If you look carefully, Fatal Apple has slight sparkles.
Here's how the lipgloss looks on my lips. It looks sheer but it really isn't. It's actually pretty opaque.
Now for the overall look with the lipgloss. It looks bright pink on my lips for some odd reason. When I first applied it, it was reddish orange. As time went on, it turned bright pink on me. I'm sure it will not do that with most people. I tend to have a lot of pink on my lips.

Now my overall thought... I love that the texture of the lipgloss isn't completely sticky. It's more on the medium side, as well as, it doesn't have a scent. I also love that the lipgloss is pigmented and looks great alone, as well as, on top of lipsticks. The last thing about this product I love is that it's long lasting. The one thing I find odd is that in pictures there's blotchy-ness, where as, in person I don't see it. I found the pictures shocking to see segregation on the lips. Another than that, I love the color!

Pros:
* Revlon; a brand I trust.
* Sleek, professional packaging.
* Semi-stickiness.
* Pigmented.
* Long lasting.
* With naked eyes, you don't see segregation with color.

Cons:
* Deceiving with weight; it's a lot less than the old packaging.
* In pictures, there's segregation of color.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  4/5 Tobey's Paws


Other Revlon products reviewed/swatch:
ColorStay Ultimate Suede Lipstick
Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is bought with my money. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...