Tuesday, May 1, 2012

April Favorites and Finishes Products

I didn't do this last month, March, and it's a good thing I didn't. I hardly finished any products. :X I finished one product which I included for this month.

April Favorites
Rock & Republic Blush in Call Me: I love Rock & Republic blushes which makes me sad that they discontinued this line! :( They were doing so well and so many people loved this including myself. I personally only own three Rock & Republic blushes, and I have to say this is my favorite. If you want to see a swatch and other blushes I own, check out my post. The things I love about Rock & Republic blushes is the staying powder, texture, color choices, pigmentation, and so on. Call Me is just a neutral color that you can wear everyday!

Aveeno Positively Nourishing Energizing Body Lotion: Since January, all I've been putting on my body is Aveeno lotions. I love their lotions, because they're moisturizing and protects your skin from dryness. Out of all the Aveeno lotions I've been using, this has to be my favorite because of the scent! I did a thorough review on this lotion so feel free to check it out. :)

CoverGirl LashBlast 24HR Mascara: I've been loving the volume this mascaras gives my lashes! Having Asian lashes, either they're short or I don't have many. The mascara does not lengthen, but it has volumized. I love the look of my curled lashes with eyeshadow on. I have done a thorough review on this mascara as well. Feel free to read it.

Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat: I've finished my Out The Door Top Coat and decided to get this again. The first time I used this top coat I had a great experience, it was fast drying and my nails were really shiny. I had an okay overall experience with Out The Door, but it couldn't beat the great experience I had from Seche Vite. Now that I started using this again this month, I realized why I love Seche Vite! :)

Make Up For Ever Lipstick in N19: Oh my goodness this color is love!!! I love how it looks on my lips. :) It's such a gorgeous baby pink. I will be reviewing this lipstick soon so you don't have to worry about the thorough review. Other than the color, my lips look shiny and it's suppose to moisturize your lips. What more can you ask!

April Finished Products
Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer: The reason behind primers is to cover up your flaws. My flaws are wrinkles and pores especially on my nose. I need primer to make my pores look smoother so the foundation, in my case I use BB Creams, will not sink in and make it more noticeable. This primer has helped and for that reason I actually liked it. I wrote a thorough review on this so feel free to check it out.

Would repurchase: Yes.

Aveda Hydrating Formula Lotion: I'm not too sure when I got this, but I believe it was last year. Aveda has a lot of freebies and I usually take up on the offers. It's a perfect lotion when your skin isn't completely dry from the winter weather and it's getting ready for the summer weather. I still think it's a lot better than Bath & Body Works lotions. It's a lot more creamier than Bath & Body Works, but it hydrates better. The one thing I'm not too keen about Aveda is the fragrance choices. Most of them are musky or floral scents. I wish they would have more fruity scents for people like me. :X

Would repurchase: No.

INM Out The Door Top Coat: When I first got this, I actually liked this top coat. It seemed fast drying, as well as, left my nails shiny. Compared to Seche Vite, it wasn't fast drying. Compared to others I have tried, there was no comparison. This is a lot better than the ones I have tried! During the middle, I noticed the top coat started getting thick but I also noticed that with Seche Vite. I think all top coats eventually get thick after some time. That's why we all need nail thinners, a solution that thins nail polishes. I own one and love it. Once you start using that, the nail polishes lose it's value since it's diluted with a thinner. I reviewed this top coat so feel free to read it. One thing I really disliked about this top coat is the sticker around the bottle. It's hard to tell where you're at. For that reason, I ended up removing the sticker a bit as you can tell from the picture. :X

Would repurchase: No.

Equate Nourishing Nail Polish Remover: I got this from Walmart so I have no idea if this is sold in other stores. It's an alright remover. I really cannot tell if one remover is better than another. They all remove nail polishes, and that's what I look for in a remover. :/

Would repurchase: Maybe.

Disclaimer: The products mentioned in this post are bought with my own money except for Aveeno, CoverGirl, Make Up For Ever, Hourglass, and Aveda. I am not affiliated with any company nor getting paid to advertise any products. This post is written with my honest opinion.

2 comments:

Janet said...

Nice products! I'm so going to try the Hourglass primer! it seems so promising! thanks for sharing ^_^~

Shop N' Chomp said...

Oh it's okay. At least you finished one product for March! :) I don't even know if I will have an "Empties" post every month b/c I can be very slow...lol. XD

Haha...I feel the same way about nail polish remover! I get mine at Sally Beauty Supply.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...