Thursday, February 9, 2012

Born Pretty Four Style Design Nail Art Stamp Template in m60

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

I am fortunate to work with Born Pretty Store.
Here are two products I received. I already Born Pretty Nail Polish in Emerald Green Silver Shimmer. For this post, I will review the stamping plate on the left.

Where to purchase: online at bornprettystore.com
Price: $2.99

Description on the site: 
* Patterns: 5
* Material: stainless steel
* Size: 5.5 cm (diameter)
* The stamper and scraper is not include in this products.
* How to use:
1. Rip off the film on the plate.
2. Put a drop of polish on the pattern you want, then use the scraper spread the nail polish evenly.
3. Press the stamp on the pattern, and then print it on your nails.
Thoughts: The first template I received from Born Pretty I had such a great experience! You can check out my review on the first template. For that reason, I wanted another template and this is the one I got. I was really excited about this template. I love all the patterns. :)
Here's how it looks on the stamper. By the way, the stamper does not come with this template. I got the stamper from the first template I received. It's easy to apply nail polish on the template, as well as, grab onto the stamper. :)
Here's how my nails look with the same design. I did not use the black unfortunately. I know it would had looked better, but my co-worker borrowed the black nail polish I own. I thought it would look good with dark blue, navy color and I think it came out fine. :)

I actually found it harder to work this template except for the two flowers on the side. It had nothing to do with the template, but myself. :X For some odd reason, I could not pattern it on my nails correctly. It was either too high, too low, too to the right, or too to the left. If you know how to pattern it correctly, then you will not have problems. After trying this many times on my fingers, I figured a way that works for me. If it works for me, does not mean it will work for others but it wouldn't hurt to try. ;) It's recommended to move from one to the other side of the stamper. I actually put it right in the middle and move to one side then the other.

I also noticed the edges of the pattern are on the thin side. Whenever I put the stamper on my finger, the edges would not stick on my nail. It just floats in the air if that makes sense. For that reason, sometimes I had to get rid of the edges because I could not work it. Look at the top part of my ring finger. You can see what difficulties I had. I strongly believe with practice you will be able to work it. I just did not have the patience and gave up too easily. With practice it will look good, and I have seen nails that look great with this template!

Pros:
* Comes with 5 patterns.
* Cute patterns.
* Can use any thick nail polishes.
* Gorgeous if mastered the patterns.

Cons:
* Hard to find in stores.
* Need stamper and scraper.
* Edges of the pattern are thin.
* Edges does not stick too well.
* Need a lot of practice.

Would repurchase: Yes.
Rating:  3/5 Tobey's Paws


Other Born Pretty products reviewed/swatch:
Nail Polishes


Born Pretty is kind enough to give my readers 10% off with the code "ALYJ61" on your purchase.

Disclaimer: The product mentioned in this post is given to me. I am not affiliated with the company nor getting paid to advertise the product. This post is written with my honest opinion.

4 comments:

Jamilla Camel said...

Those nail stamps are adorable!

Jen said...

I have that issue too! >< Hmmm, maybe i do need to practice more! this design looks awesome =D

Chriselle Sy said...

I personally have so much trouble with the stamper and scraper thing--I can't seem to stamp full designs on my nails! Don't know why but ... i frustrates me to no end!

Shop N' Chomp said...

So cute! I wish I could pull off baby blue polish like you. :D

(Not very often. Like every 1-2 years)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...