Sunday, July 12, 2009

Sesame Leaf Jeon

I have some recipes piled up, pictures, that I haven't posted. This is one of them. I hope you guys like it! :)

If you need some guidance with the ingredients, you can check my Korean Cooking 101. ;)

Ingredients:
1-2 lbs. ground beef
chopped onion
chopped garlic
pinch of salt
pinch of black pepper
1 egg
sesame leafs
flour
egg
olive oil or any oil for cooking

Step 1:
In a bowl, mix all the ingredients; ground beef, chopped onion, garlic, salt, black pepper, and 1 egg.

Step 2:
Cut the stems off the sesame leaf and clean them. Grab a plate and layer it with flour. Now shake the wet sesame leaf to the point there's no water dripping. It doesn't matter if it's completely dry or a little bit wet. The flour will still stick on the leaf. ;) Coat both sides of the leaf with flour.
Grab one coated leaf and put the mixed beef you did in step 1 on it. Top it of with the other coated leaf. It should look like a leaf sandwich with beef in the middle.
Grab a bowl, crack an egg, and mix the egg. Now coat the leaf sandwich with egg on both sides.

Step 3:
Grab a frying pan, add olive oil or any oil for cooking. Put the leaf sandwich and fry both sides.
Now you can eat it with rice and kim-chi! :) You can eat it alone or with the soy sauce mixture. In the soy sauce mixture, add soy sauce. If the soy sauce is strong, you can dilute it with water. Then add chopped green onions, sesame seeds, and red pepper powder.


This past week, I got a surprised package in the mail! It was a belated birthday gift from Miracle from Miracles are all Around. You guys should check out her blog. She's honestly one of the nicest bloggers around! :)
Inside the package, it contained some goodies, something for my nieces, and a sweet letter.
This is what I received after I opened the package. She gave me so much goodies to play with!... wheee~
I got two masks from Etude House. I got one in lavender.
The other one is in lemon.
She also gave me more masks. This time they're from The Face Shop... wheee~ This one is in grape.
Grapefruit!
Strawberry!
The last one is in kiwi. It's so funny how they wrote "DO NOT EAT"... hehe~ I could see that happening because it's packaged like yogurt. It looks delicious I mean the packaging!... hehe~ :X
She gave me stuff other than masks as well. I got a top coat from The Face Shop. She mentioned it's her favorite. I can't wait to try it! Plus it's in blue (my favorite color)... wheee~ :)
I also got a blue, glittery nail polish from Etude House. I should do swatches for my Etude House nail polishes I have. This is my fifth one!... wheee~
She knows blue is my favorite color and sent a blue eyeshadow from Etude House. Isn't the print in the middle so cute!?!?
The last cosmetic I received is a lipgloss from Majolica Majorca in PK133. The color is so pretty, glittery, and sparkly. I couldn't wait to try it out so I wore it the next day... hehe~
She even sent me food!... yummy~ I was going to share the mango fruit thing (not too sure what it's called) with my father, but I ate both... lol~ :X
That wasn't enough she even included these Hello Kitty candies for my nieces! How thoughtful is she to even think of them!!! Honestly, not a lot of people will do that. I'm sure my nieces would love them when they come down next month. :)

I honestly feel like this surprised happen at a good time. I'm going through some hardship right now. This package cheered me up, as well as, made me almost cried (I didn't want tears to ruin my makeup). Man, why am I an emotional mess... lol~ I'm crying as I type this. :P


Time to change the subject... hehe~ I'll end this post with a look I did.

What I used:

My looks:

UDPP
MAC Paint Pot in Painterly
Urban Decay Palette:
* Maui Wowie on the top inner and bottom inner corners
* Shattered on the top 2/3 outer top and bottom
* Smog on the outer "V," crease, and outer bottom 1/3
CG Sugar Rush as highlight
L'oreal HIP Color Truth Cream Eyeliner in Black
Maybelline Lash Stiletto

20 comments:

Unknown said...

What an interesting recipe! I still have some ground beef so I can try one day :)

Roxy said...

love the hello kitty goodies! & the look too! =] girl you are always posting food making me hungry lol

Bijin Blair said...

OMG! I wanna eat that! You have ruined my breakfast... I've got to eat something nicer than a cup of hot drink and some biscuits hahaha

Aww... it's super sweet of Miracle to send things to you and your nieces!

Oooh, I like this look! Shattered looks so good on you!

I think I learnt what a swap was from your blog and Tobey leaving paw prints on cement was too cute to forget =D I’m sorry but I can only remember these two things hahaha.

I’m a newbie too! There are so many things that I want to change about my layout but I haven’t figured them out yet.

You’re right about Korean makeup bases being good! The scar in my MQ post looks so light because of the makeup base that I used. In that picture I only had skincare, sunblock and makeup base on. The scar didn’t stand a chance after I used my concealer hahaha.

I’ve never tried American makeup bases... which ones are you using?
I’m 165-166cm (around 5’5). Arghh, you must be much taller than me! hahaha

Melissa Joy said...

your eyes are so gorgeous with the ud palette! What an interesting dish...on a leaf! I bet its yummy!

Jem said...

i have not tried this dish yet..
& i think its pretty creative to use the leaf as like the wrap of it
^_^

wow!
you have new stuff to play with!
lots of face masks to try
you have to let us know how it worked for you

hope you'll have a nice week ahead,hun!

kawaiikao said...

yay for ud palette! it has got to be my favorite thing ever! lol. great look :]

Anonymous said...

ahh the hello kitty pez is soo cute! and yes that is really thoughtful!
I can't get used to the taste of gen-ip didn't know that they were called seasme leaves though lol nice to know~

and don't know whats going on, but hang in there (thats all I'm really good for isn't it :T) hope that it works out...

♡ Nic Nic ♡ said...

love the eotd!! very pretty

mmm the food looks gooodd!

thats very sweet of Miracle !!

K said...

OMG that food looks so YUMMY!!!! I can get sesame leaves easily here in Kobe, so I've got to try it!!!

What a lovely package! The HK Pez is SO cute!!!

Bijin Blair said...

LOL that is hilarious!!! Did the Maltese's owner give you the evil eye? ;D

Ahhh, two sidebars are very simple. First, you have to widen your outer-wrapper to accommodate the new sidebar. Next, copy and paste your existing sidebar code and rename it as new-sidebar. Then change the float position to startside if you want your new sidebar to be on the left side. If it sounds too complicated, I'll make a new template for you and you can tweak it to your liking.

The Korean makeup base that I'm using is a sample =[ I like it a lot although the scent isn't that pleasing hahaha.

I've heard of IOPE! Isn't it on the HE side? I have a green makeup base too - from No7 Boots. It doesn't help in toning down the redness from my scars :X

Oh yeah, you have the HD primer! You bought the yellow one right? Did it lighten your complexion?

My word verification: hotie! hehehe~ :D

Jamilla Camel said...

Delicious food, great blogga love, and gorgeous eyes!

gio said...

The recipe looks interesting.

You got lots of pretty stuff. That was so swet of her!

Love the look you did, it's beautiful!

Jo said...

i didn't get all the colors i wanted either :( i wanted the china glaze black color hologram but they had ran out.

i've always wanted to try that leaf dish. i've seen my friends order it at the korean restaurant but ive never tried it myself. looks interesting!

Bijin Blair said...

LOL I must be the worst teacher in the whole world. I'll create a 3 column template and send it to your e-mail right after I submit this comment =D

Hmmm... I decanted the sample sachet into a tiny jar. Can't remember which brand it is from now - I think it's some obscure brand hahaha.

So many primers now are infused with SPF... Is it hard for you to find a good one without SPF?

Awww... the Maltese's owner was really understanding! It's super hilarious! I can't stop laughing when I think about it hahaha

Anonymous said...

always love your food entries!

Aradani said...

aww don't cry! lol i always find it amusing when i tell myself not to cry for the sake of my makeup.

this is a pretty interesting recipe! another one on the list of things to try!

Bijin Blair said...

Hmm... you can purchase those palettes from Ichibankao or I guess you can get them from imomoko. The prices are not too much higher than retail in Japan. Did my previous sentence tempt you? ;p

Lunasol is so pretty - I seriously can't choose! Very bad since they're not cheap hahaha.

If I'm getting anything from Kate, it'd be BR-2, PU-1 and GN-1. I'll not get them if the swatches/texture/pigmentation aren't to my preference. I really like GN-1 but I dunno if I should get it because the greenish khaki shade seem pretty similar to Stila's Mara Simba.

I was really mad about Majolica Majorca's Jeweling Eyes a while back but I ended up getting nothing because of the super sheer payoff =[

How about you? Are you tempted by anything? And I don't mean the brands shown on my entry only ;D

Bijin Blair said...

Price wise, I've gotta agree that Adambeauty is the best. But selection wise, nope, and he doesn't restock fast so most of the 'hot items' are always OOS. The weird thing is he doesn't get everything, for example, there are only six Jeweling Eyes palettes listed in his site instead of eight.

I dunno, maybe greenish khaki suits our skintone, that's why we lean towards it =D

I need to stop shopping even though my collection isn't impressive but I can resist sales and stuff lol! I tend to veer off shopping diets if/when my wallet feels particularly full hahaha.

Ahhh, no need to feel bad about your purchase, I'm sure they made you happier hahaha. I think you are a careful shopper from what I read on your blog =D

Bijin Blair said...

Damn I hope my previous comment made it through... I spent a long time typing it out! ;D

MzUnicaHija19 said...

This is interesting! I made somewhat similar to this last weekend but w/o the meat, it was basically a tempura sage leaf. I have to put the recipe up soon but I forgot to bring the pictures with me and I am in Seattle. BTW, I havent sign up on the poupee girl (is it?) I shall soon!

I miss blogging!!! blah. lol

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...